Monday, January 24, 2011

Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Muffins

These easy and tasty muffins are a great way to start any day.  You can't beat combining the flavors of banana, peanut butter, and chocolate.

My mom sent me a recipe for peanut butter banana bread which served as my inspiration.  I modified it to add a few more ingredients and turned it into muffins.  Enjoy!

Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup plain yogurt (fat-free is okay)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (natural is okay)
3 Tbsp butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp flaxseed
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Add first five ingredients to mixing bowl and beat at medium speed.




Add sugars and beat until blended.



Combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda, and cinnamon in a small bowl.


Add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat until just blended.


Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.



Pour batter into greased muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 full.  Bake for about 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.


Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.

Serve warm or at room temperature.  They will keep for about three days in an airtight container, and the muffins also freeze well.

8 comments:

  1. Hi! What a great batch of muffins. You really can't go wrong with peanut butter, chocolate and bananas! Where in Texas are you from? We're living in Austin now. Thank you for sharing it with me...and thank you for your kind words on my blog today. They mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Monet! I last lived in Austin, but I grew up in the Fort Worth area. I miss it so much!

    You are very welcome! I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Torviewtoronto! My husband says they are delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I've done chocolate chip banana, but never with PB. That's awesome! And you added in the flaxseed for good stuff. Sneaky smarts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, BakingWithoutaBox! Yes, I often use flaxseed to absolve my guilt in baked goods...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ehehehe...I use flax for the same reason. ;) These look delicious. A wonderful reason to get out of bed in the morning.

    ReplyDelete