Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blue Bell Ice Cream Alert


bell3.jpg

Here's an alert for all our Indy readers....Blue Bell ice cream is now available in all Meijer stores in Indianapolis, Indiana.

You can read more about it at: http://www.bluebell.com/the_little_creamery/Press_Releases/press_indy.html

Blue Bell is a Texas brand ice cream, and not available here in DC. If you haven't had a chance to try it, I wholeheartedly recommend it. It is absolutely beloved by all Texans, and the company slogan is "We eat all we can and we sell the rest."

When I was a kid, I would joke with my mom that I wanted to hijack a Blue Bell ice cream delivery truck. I also used to regularly come up with new ice cream flavors and send the company suggestion letters. Alas, chocolate strawberry chunk and chocolate pecan-oatmeal cookie only existed in my mind until I got my own ice cream maker. (Do you detect a theme?) Maybe someday...sigh...

Now, don't stop with just a taste of the ice cream. I also recommend next time you are in Austin or Houston that you make a day trip to Brenham and tour the Blue Bell Creamery. It is awesome! The tour includes a free generous-sized sample of any flavor you want, and you get a paper hat. How cool is that?

I understand that there is now a production facility in Sylacauga, Alabama, too. I'll get my brother and his girlfriend (who is from the Yellowhammer State) to check that out for us and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment